Once you've made the decision to sell your property you and your real estate agent share a common goal: To sell your home for the best price possible in the shortest amount of time.
Here are the five factors that sell a property:
The price is very much dictated by what the market will handle. Your real estate professional will do a thorough analysis of the market and provide you with a CMA (comparable market assessment).
Obviously beyond your control.
Again, beyond your control.
The top three factors, price, location and size 78% of buyers needs.
So what do you need to do when selling your property to ensure you will get top dollar from your investment?
By fulfilling factors 4 and 5.
4. Staging (CONDITION) and Curb Appeal. Staging is the one key thing that will directly add to the bottom line.
Staging identifies anything that will make or break the sale. This is what the Staging Consultation is all about. A certified staging professional® (CSP) will thoroughly inspect the property inside and out. As a homeowner anxious to do what it takes to prepare your house for market you will be encouraged and have peace of mind when you receive the comprehensive list of staging work to complete. The work encompasses what to clear or pack away for your future home, any repairs, painting, depersonalizing, replacing, organizing and cleaning. These are all things that if left unaddressed will take money off the table. And a little work now will go a long way in getting your property sold for top dollar
☑ 63% of buyers are willing to pay more for move-in ready homes.
Curb appeal is the very first impression. 74% of potential buyers will drive by your property before they decide to view it. Of those people 47% will drive by at night. Be sure your property looks great from the curb and is illuminated well at night with updated and high wattage lighting and lanterns. Keep your lights on until 1 a.m.
Always work on the curb appeal first as many agents will install a "Coming Soon" sign while you're getting your house ready to sell. They will be enticed to want to see inside once it's ready!
The staging work puts your home in the perfect condition to then move on to factor 5 which is Showcasing, or merchandising of the property for sale.
5. Showcasing -This is the number one factor in selling your property
Here are two recent success stories of mine –
Mississauga – listing Autumn 2018 -one low ball offer; listing expired. I staged this and it sold in a slow market in 11 days. (February 2019)
You may look at my website should you wish – Learn More
Staging professionals have the skills and knowledge to know what the buyer needs to see when viewing your property. With strategic placement of furniture, lighting, art and accessories they are trained to look through the buyers eye and appeal to all of their senses. The results will highlight the best features and focal points of each room and display the appealing lifestyle. The goal is to maximize the space, showcase the architectural features and capture the buyers’ interest with lifestyle props.
Professional home stagers will work with what you have and accessorize with lamps, greenery, throws, pillows, vases and other decorative items to create balance and visual flow and harmony.
Buyers buy inspirationally and the showcasing sells the lifestyle they are looking for.
So as a Homeseller what can you do to get the most out of your investment?
1. Trust in your real estate professional to set the selling price (CMA).
2. Work with a certified staging professional® (CSP) who understands the nuances of real estate and how these nuances affect the buyer. This crucial knowledge helps you target the buyer who is most likely to make an offer on your property.
3. Invest in the showcasing to market your property. You will receive this back in dividends. Your home is your greatest investment and you want to secure the highest equity possible to fund your new chapter and lifestyle. It’s important to remove yourselves emotionally and look at it now as your investment and not your home. Marketing and selling a house are different than living in it. Showcasing puts you ahead of your competition. If you’re not showcasing your competition is.
Remember, showcasing is the only measureable marketing service you can do to get top dollar when selling your home. Let the professional do the work while you start dreaming of styling your new home to suit your personal tastes and lifestyle.